Transformational Recovery Programme
Turas offers a 15 week programme that balances group work and personal development with individual counselling.
We are delighted to add to our services The Transformational Recovery Programme which involves group support, workshops, outdoor therapy, art therapy and drama. The programme aims to help participants to develop the skills needed to stay sober long-term and build up their own self-belief and enable them to create meaningful lives, free from substance misuse.
It is delivered in an understanding, non-judgmental and supportive environment and helps people to personally develop in their recovery from addiction.
The programme runs 2 days per week for 15 weeks. It also includes a weekly 2 hour group session for new participants to familiarise them with a therapeutic group and prepare for them for the 15 week programme.
We use a wide range of therapeutic interventions including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Person Centred
- Psychodynamic Theory
- Motivational and Life Skills Techniques
A range of workshops are offered on topics including relationships, relapse prevention, anger management etc., underpinned by a focus on building a better future using a backdrop of nature, art and drama.
This service is provided free of charge to recovering substance misusers within the North Eastern Area, who fulfil the above criteria.
- Relapse awareness / prevention / management
- Substance awareness
- Stress and relaxation
- Anger management
- Conflict management
- Social skills
- Art workshops and social activities
- A range of workshops to promote positive mental health including self-esteem / self-perception / self-nurturing attention is paid to the area of self harm and suicide
- Personal development plan
- Mental health
The Programme aims to provide emotional and practical support to clients with life skills and to empower them to live drug free.
- Over 18 years of age
- One month drug/alcohol free
- Available to engage in two full days of group work a week for fifteen weeks
- If on the Methadone Programme, the client must be stabilized for a period of one month
- If there are past mental health concerns, the clients current mental health must be stable
- If on prescribed medication, client must be medication compliant
After an application is received members from the Turas team will meet with applicants individually to complete an initial assessment and assess their suitability for the programme.
- This service will be available to clients assessed by HSE Addiction Team and deemed suitable for inclusion in the Programme.
- We also seek to target appropriate referrals from other services such as probation / court services, community support groups and local doctors.
- We will also accept self-referrals which are assessed as appropriate. Here is a copy of our Referral Form which you can fill out and drop into Turas. One of our staff will make an appointment for you.